- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry has formally accepted the franchise tender, but hasn’t signed it yet.
- Even so, Florio explains that the CBA doesn’t require a formal signature and only says that the tender has to be accepted.
- With this in mind, Florio says that the Dolphins will not be rescinded the franchise tender, as many have speculated they could, and Miami can trade him to another team if they want.
- Jason La Canfora would bet a “considerable sum” that the Bears will be “challenged deeply” on offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller, who was given the transition tag on Tuesday.
- According to La Canfora, Chicago may end up regretting the decision to not franchise Fuller.
- Jamison Hensley writes that after hearing Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome speak at the Combine last week, signs point to them releasing WR Jeremy Maclin and retaining CB Brandon Carr.
- Hensley lists OT Austin Howard, RB Danny Woodhead, S Lardarius Webb and LB Albert McClellan as some players who could be on the chopping block in the coming days/weeks.
Texans GM Brian Gaine said the team is “very optimistic” about Deshaun Watson‘s return from a torn ACL, and that the team will be able to build around him, despite the team not having a draft pick in the first two rounds.
“Without getting into the specifics on the injury, very optimistic about his return from injury,” Gaine said, via SiriusXM NFL Radio. “Number two, without having the first- and second-round pick, part of the reason is that we were able to acquire Deshaun Watson, so that was a well-worthy sacrifice. Number three, we have three picks in the third round”
Gaine added that he is confident that the team will be able to find starters with their three third-round picks and that finding quality players is attainable at all levels of the draft.
“History would tell you-you can still find starters in the third round at all levels of the draft. But with the three picks in the third round, that gives us a chance to get three of the top hundred players.” said Gaine.