Josh McDaniels/Louis Riddick
- Albert Breer mentions that while many have linked Josh McDaniels to former Patriots executives, there’s word circulating in league circles that McDaniels could be paired with ESPN’s Louis Riddick as a head coach/GM tandem.
- It’s worth mentioning that the 49ers are scheduled to meet with both of them in the next week or so. (49ers Rumors)
- According to Joe Buscaglia, Bills WR Robert Woods “sure sounded like a man who will be heading to free agency.“
- Adam Caplan reports that Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo is expected to be among the names to watch for the Jets’ offensive coordinator job.
- Albert Breer tosses out former Chargers HC Mike McCoy as another potential option for the Jets.
John Keim of ESPN takes a look at the Redskins’ impending free agents in his latest article.
- Keim mentions that while DE Chris Baker wants to return to the team, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Washington to allow him to depart.
- No surprise, but Keim can’t see S Donte Whitner returning next year.
- Interestingly enough, Keim believes there’s a “solid chance” WR Pierre Garcon departs in free agency, as he’s unlikely to consider a deal that would pay him less than $7.6 million per year.
- As for WR DeSean Jackson, Keim says that “as much as they love his speed and playmaking ability, he might have worn out his welcome.“
- Jason Wolf of the Tennessean takes a look at five big-name free agents targets that could make sense for the Titans to pursue in the coming months.
- Wolf’s list includes Bears WR Alshon Jeffery, Chiefs S Eric Berry, Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul, Jaguars CB Prince Amukamara and Browns WR Terrelle Pryor.