“I would like to thank all 32 teams for coming out to my pro day and for those that met with me before my pro day on my pro day and for those that are scheduled to meet with me after my pro day thank you all.”
Mike Mayock said Thursday that teams were having trouble setting up workouts and meetings with Jackson.
“I’ve had several teams tell me they’re having trouble just getting to set up appointments to meet with him,” Mayock said, via NFL.com. “Not just work out, but appointments to meet with him, to put him up on the board, to work him out, to have dinner with him. And remember, and again I’m not taking a shot here at anybody, his mom is representing him, his mom has obviously his best interest at heart, but you’re doing the kid a disservice if NFL coaches and general managers are calling and you can’t even get an appointment set up.”
- Jordan Schultz says it’s his understanding that Jackson’s draft stock is actually trending upward and it’s now hard to imagine him falling out of round one.
- Schultz believes Jackson could end up going “pretty high” with the Cardinals being a possibility at No. 15 overall.
- According to Matt Barrows, the 49ers sent their tight ends coach to the University of San Diego this week to workout TE Ross Dwelley.
- According to Mike Garafolo, Wyoming CB Rico Gafford ran a 40-yard dash time in the low 4.2s and 4.19 at his Pro Day and is scheduled to workout for the Jets next week.
- Eric Edholm reports that SMU DE Justin Lawler had official-30 visits scheduled with the Buccaneers, Saints, and Rams.
- Nebraska DB Joshua Kalu will attend the Texans’ local prospect day and he has already worked out for the Saints and Cowboys. (Aaron Wilson)
- Rice LB Emmanuel Ellerbee is scheduled to workout for the Texans and “excelled” in position drills with the Titans, Patriots, Texans, and Broncos while at his Pro Day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Wilson also reports that Fordham OT Anthony Coyle is scheduled to take an official visit to the Texans after having a private workout with Texans OL coach Mike Devlin earlier this week.
- Houston is also set to conduct a private workout for Fort Hays DL Nathan Sherman. (Aaron Wilson)
- Kansas edge rusher Dorance Armstrong worked out for the Texans, Titans, and Chiefs. (Aaron Wilson)
Tom Pelissero lists the bonuses/guaranteed money for some recently signed players including:
- Saints TE Benjamin Watson – $645,000
- Lions TE Levine Toilolo – $400,000
- Redskins LB Pernell McPhee – $350,000
- Vikings CB Marcus Sherels – $250,000 and $250,000 of his base salary
- Texans QB Brandon Weeden – $90,000
- Raiders CB Leon Hall – $45,000