Home Bills NFL Notes: Landon Collins, NFL Free Agency, Antonio Brown
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapaport says if the Redskins don’t re-sign S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, former Giants S Landon Collins will be one of their top targets.
- Rapoport mentions the Colts, Chiefs and Cowboys as other potential suitors.
- According to Aditi Kinkhabwala, multiple Steelers sources have emphasized there’s only an agreement in place to trade WR Antonio Brown and it can’t become official until the start of the league year on Wednesday. “It’s never over till it’s over.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says it’s his understanding that while the Bills weren’t Browns preferred destination, the deal fell apart because Buffalo wouldn’t meet Brown’s contract demands.
- After the deal with Buffalo fell through, Breer reports the Raiders, Redskins and Eagles reached out about Brown. Of the three, Oakland’s offer was the strongest.
- Talks nearly broke down at one point on Saturday, but picked back up again in the afternoon before the trade agreement was finalized in the late evening.
- According to Mike Garafolo, the Jets, Colts, Lions, Bills, Titans and Raiders will be looking to add a slot receiver specifically.
- Other teams like the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins and Packers might also be in the market to replace their own departing slot receivers.