- Michael Rothstein of ESPN considers pass rusher to be the Lions’ most significant need this offseason.
- If the Lions end up switching to a 3-4 defense in 2018, Rothstein mentions that this could affect how the team views impending free agent Ezekiel Ansah.
- According to Rothstein, the Lions will need to bolster their edge rusher talent in the coming months, even if they end up retaining Ansah, as he’s missed a good amount of time the past two years due to injuries.
- We have Ansah featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk points that while reports have surfaced about RB Le’Veon Bell‘s behavior in recent days, there were similar reports last year regarding WR Antonio Brown before Pittsburgh ultimately locked him up to a long-term deal.
- According to Smith, it’s possible that the Steelers would like there to be a perception out there that they’re not happy with Bell in the hope of keeping his expectations in check regarding a long-term extension.
- Adam Schefter reports that Steelers WR Eli Rogers underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair a torn ACL that he suffered during the team’s Divisional Round loss to the Jaguars. (NFLTR)
- Although Jim Wyatt believes Titans RB DeMarco Murray is still capable of producing, he believes Tennessee’s running back situation must be addressed by the team’s next head coach.
- As for Titans RB Derrick Henry, Wyatt thinks the team must keep another running back to pair with him, whether that is Murray or someone else.
- Wyatt can’t see the Titans reuniting with Jeff Fisher as their next head coach, while Titans DC Dick LeBeau‘s future with the team likely hinges on who they hire.
- Wyatt is unsure whether Eagles DC Jim Schwartz is a candidate for the Titans.
- The Titans have allowed WRs coach Frisman Jackson to leave the team and join Baylor’s coaching staff as their receivers coach. (Paul Kuharsky)
- Vikings DT Tom Johnson said the team’s gameplan for Sunday’s playoff game against the Eagles is to attack and apply pressure on Eagles QB Nick Foles: “We should be able to rattle every quarterback. That’s what we do as a defense. We want to be able to attack and put pressure on him. So, yeah, that’s the game plan.” (Chris Tomasson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!