- According to Chris Mortensen, Peyton Manning is staying true to his word and has “no desire to come out of retirement,” despite speculation that teams could reach out to him.
- Mortensen says that Manning is planning to tour different games to start the year including the Broncos-Panthers opener on Thursday night, Tennessee’s upcoming game against Virginia Tech and the Giants vs. Cowboys game on Sunday.
- Matt Miller of B/R reports that people in the NFL aren’t concerned about the possibility that LSU RB Leonard Fournette could see his production dip in 2016.
- Miller’s sources said that they view Fournette as the best running back in the nation and believe he’ll end up being a top-5 player in next year’s draft no matter how LSU does.
Colts Ryan Grigson told Dan Dakich of 1070 The Fan on Thursday that QB Andrew Luck’s limited practice session was designed to keep him “fresh going into the season.”
“No. He’s all good,” Grigson said, via Colts.com. “I mean the guy’s thrown a zillion balls. The media’s seen it. [He was] in Anderson day in and day out throwing a ton of balls with a lot of velocity — even knocking some guys over. I don’t know. I guess you could sit there and look for something that’s not there, but I’m just saying he’s going to be ready for the game this weekend, and we have a plan that we think’s best for him, and one he feels good about, and that’s what we’re doing.”
- According to Vincent Bonsignore, the Rams haven’t completely ruled out signings veteran S Donte Whitner to a contract.
- Although, Bonsignore admits that the “door might only be slightly open.“