Robert Griffin III
Their source added that whatever happens with RGIII, whether he’s traded or released, is ultimately up to HC Jay Gruden.
“It’s up to the coach and everyone is on board with that,” the source said.
Sources around the league believe Washington would have “next to no luck” when it comes to trading Griffin, due to his $16 million salary under the fifth-year option. It remains unclear whether the team has had, or will have, substantial trade talks with other clubs regarding RGIII.
There’s still a chance that Washington will release Griffin outright, as they would give both parities a fresh start.
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, unless there’s a settlement between the NFL and Patriots QB Tom Brady – which many think is unlikely – the feeling is that his suspension will either be upheld or overturned. A reduced sentence appears to be unlikely.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Bills HC Rex Ryan has yet to inform any quarterback that they’ll be the team’s starter, but sounds like Tyrod Taylor has some mounting support within the team.
- Schefter adds that Rex is well aware of how tough Taylor is to defend for opposing defenses.
- Bills LB Nigel Bradham said he has yet to open contract talks with the Bills. (WGR 550 Buffalo)
- Jason Cole of B/R suggests that the Colts should consider signing veteran DT Barry Cofield to a contract if DT Arthur Jones is hurt badly .