NFL owners plan to discuss changes to comissioner Roger Goodell‘s role in regarding to the player disciplinary process, according to “several” people familiar with the situation who spoke to Mark Maske of the Washington Post.
“There will certainly be discussion about that,” one owner told Maske. The owner said he is “not sure where it will lead.”
A separate source tells Maske that it’s still too early to know whether enough owners favor of making a change and engaging the NFLPA in talks about possible modifications to the disciplinary process.
We will provide more information regarding Goodell and the NFL’s disciplinary process as the news becomes available.
- Bills HC Rex Ryan said that he is hopeful that RB LeSean McCoy will be available by Week 1, but remains “cautiously optimistic” regarding his return from a hamstring injury. (Mike Rodak)
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said the team is not interested in re-signing free agent DT Darnell Dockett “at this time,” per Josh Weinfuss.
- Arians said that G Mike Iupati will not be available for Week 1, as he is still recovering from a knee surgery he underwent in August. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Arians mentioned that WR Michael Floyd, who suffered from dislocated fingers back in August, “could” play in Week 1.
- Dianna Marie Russini reports that the Giants plan to be in the market for two safeties in the next 48 hours.
- Russini mentions that they could either claim someone or possibly even trade for some extra depth.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said that QB Tom Savage sustained a “severe” sprain in his right shoulder and will miss at least 4-6 weeks. (John McClain)
- Savage will not require surgery on the injury, but is expected to miss a significant amount of time. (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien added that the team is discussing signing a free agent quarterback, or adding someone to their practice squad. (Aaron Wilson)