- Ian Rapoport reports that veteran free agent QB Thad Lewis has been medically cleared after tearing his ACL last August.
- According to Rapoport, Lewis should have a market for his services moving forward.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald mentions that his biggest concern for the Dolphins right now is defensive tackle beyond Ndamukong Suh.
- Jackson suggests free agents Dan Williams and Sen’Derrick Marks as two options that could make sense for them if Miami determines they need some help at the position.
- According to James Kratch, Giants K Mykkele Thompson appeared to be practicing fully at cornerback on Thursday at OTAs.
- Kratch mentions that Thompson’s odds of making the 53-man roster this year are “undoubtedly better” if he’s playing cornerback.
- With this in mind, Kratch adds that this is a big year for Thompson, as the Giants could move on from him if he fails to produce or gets hurt again.
Redskins HC Jay Gruden said that veteran OLB Junior Galette still has “a little ways to go” in his return from another Achilles injury, but he has shown a quick twitch off the edge in practice.
“He knows he’s got a little ways to go, but you can still see that he’s got the quick twitch, which you really need off the edge,” Gruden said, via ESPN.com. “He can bend, and now as far as stamina goes, he’s going to continue to work to get in shape. But knowing Junior, the way he works and the way he trains and prepares, he’ll get himself into shape. The big thing is feeling confident in those Achilles, getting that burst back, which it looks like he’s got a lot of it back. It’s just a matter of maintaining that burst for a long period of time.”