- Tom Pelissero reports that former Giants HC Tom Coughlin hasn’t ruled out anything in regards to returning to coaching. However, Pelissero adds that it would take a special opportunity to return to coaching, as he’s currently enjoying his role with NFL.
- Yesterday, Adam Schefter mentioned that Coughlin could be worth keeping an eye on for the Jaguars next year. (NFLTR)
Bills RB LeSean McCoy (hamstring) said he believed he’ll be able to suit up for the team’s Mondy night game against the Seahawks.
“I feel good,” McCoy said, via the Buffalo News. “Mentally, I feel great. . . . Just getting over that step of, ‘if I make this hard cut, will I feel it?’ I did it today, different runs. So I’m ready to roll.”
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned Friday that QB Tony Romo “needs his back as strong as it can be. We need to see more. (But) I see Tony active in the near future.” (Jon Machota)
- In regards to CB Morris Claiborne, Jones said he has a strained groin but is doing much better than expected. Claiborne won’t be active in Week 9. (Jon Machota)
- The Jets officially ruled out LB Bruce Carter, LB Darron Lee, and TE Kellen Davis for Week 9’s game against the Dolphins.
- The Jets have C Nick Mangold and RT Brent Qvale listed as doubtful.
- LT Ryan Clady, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, OT Breno Giacomini and OT Brandon Shell are all listed as questionable.