ESPN’s Adam Caplan tossed out a few names during Thursday’s NFL Insiders that could be traded before Tuesday’s deadline.
- Adam Schefter doesn’t see anyone taking on Mike Williams or Nate Washington due to their contracts.
- Schefter mentioned that injuries that occur in Week 8 are likely to impact who teams are targeting. in the coming days.
London chancellor George Osborne said that he’s had “top-level talks” about the possibility bringing an NFL to the United Kingdom.
“This is primarily a decision for the owners of the clubs and the NFL organisation but I’ve said to the NFL that anything the Government can do to make this happen we will do, because I think it would be a huge boost to London,” Osborne said, via the London Evening Standard. “We could have not just the Star Spangled Banner at the beginning of NFL games but also God Save The Queen.”
According to Osborne, there is a chance that we could see a team relocate over seas in the next few years.
“I think that there’s a chance in the next few years to get an NFL team for London,” Osborne said. “There are 32 teams in America — and one of them could be a London team. That’s a serious prospect.”
ESPN’s Adam Schefter mentioned on NFL Insiders Thursday that TE Julius Thomas will likely sign a deal that’s somewhere in between the contracts signed by Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph and Saints TE Jimmy Graham.
For what’s worth, here’s a simple breakdown of the two contracts:
- Rudolph: six-years, $37.46 million total, $18.5 million guaranteed.
- Graham: four-years, $40 million total, $20.9 million guaranteed.
- Seahawks re-signed TE RaShaun Allen to their practice squad after he cleared waivers. (Bob Condotta)
“We’re going with Zach and we’re going to stay with Zach,” Whisenhunt said on Thursday.
- The Titans reportedly expect to see more big plays down the field with Mettenberger as their quarterback, and will live with the turnovers. (Ian Rapoport)