According to Joel Corry of CBS Sports, the teams with the worst cap situations heading into 2015 are:
- New Orleans Saints — projected overage of $23.07 million
- Arizona Cardinals — projected overage of $6.44 million
- Pittsburgh Steelers — projected overage of$2.901 Million
- New England Patriots — projected overage of $1.945 Million
- San Francisco 49ers — projected overage of $928,000
The article offers a great breakdown of each team and how they can address their cap issues, so I recommend giving it a read if this is of interest to you.
- OLB Aldon Smith told reporters that he wasn’t at Ray McDonald‘s for more than an hour and “didn’t drink one thing.” (Cam Inman)
- Smith said of the pending case: “It’s not my problem.“
- HC Doug Marrone announced that QB Kyle Orton will start the season finale against the Patriots.
- Marrone told reporters that he hasn’t received assurance from anyone in the front office that he’ll be back next year. (Jay Skurski)
- Jeff Schudel of The News-Herald reports that the Browns are activating DT John Hughes from the short-term injured reserve list.
- Buccaneers are signing P Chase Tenpenny to a reserve-future contract. (Aaron Wilson)
- Dolphins placed CB Jamar Taylor on the on the injured reserve list.
- Dolphins placed OL Nate Garner on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list.