- 49ers GM John Lynch mentioned last night that their medical staff did extensive checks on LB Reuben Foster and his shoulder injury, and they do not believe he’ll require any additional procedures. (Steve Wyche)
- According to Matt Miller, South Alabama TE Gerald Everett has been connected to the 49ers throughout the draft process.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns the are expected to make another run at trading for Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo during Day 2 of the draft.
- Cabot reports that the Browns’ offer to the Patriots last night just wasn’t enough for New England’s liking.
- Sources have told Cabot that the Patriots actually trade Garoppolo if the Browns meet their asking price.
- In regards to the report from last night that the Browns reached out the Browns about a trade for Redskins QB Kirk Cousins, Cabot says it’s her understanding that Cleveland did not attempt to trade for Cousins.
- A source close to the situation tells Cabot that it could require a couple of second-round picks to get Bengals backup QB A.J. McCarron.
- We have the Browns taking OLB Tyus Bowser in our new Second-Round Mock Draft.
- Albert Breer wonders if the Chargers could be a team interested in a quarterback such as Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer or Cal’s Davis Webb.
- ESPN’s Eric Williams takes a look at some prospects to watch for the Chargers on Day 2 including Washington CB Kevin King, Washington S Budda Baker, Western Kentucky G Forrest Lamp, Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon, Tennessee QB Joshua Dobbs, Pittsburgh QB Nathan Peterman and Florida State RB Dalvin Cook.
- We have the Chargers taking S Obi Melifonwu in our new Second-Round Mock Draft.
- Albert Breer bets the Jaguars will take a defensive player at No. 35 overall.
- Michael DiRocco believes the Jaguars should consider taking an offensive lineman at No. 35 overall and mentions Western Kentucky’s Forrest Lamp, Alabama’s Cam Robinson, and Temple’s Dion Dawkins.
- We have the Jaguars taking OT Cam Robinson in our new Second-Round Mock Draft.