Home 49ers NFL Rumors: 49ers, Chargers, Eagles, & Jets
- Albert Breer points out that the 49ers’ decision to go with Geep Chryst as their offensive coordinator took into account his relationship QB Colin Kaepernick.
- Breer adds that this likely helped them when it came to benching Kaepernick on Monday in favor of Blaine Gabbert.
- The 49ers are still working out veteran RB Ben Tate on Tuesday, despite signing Pierre Thomas and Shaun Draughn in recent days. (Matt Barrows)
- Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune writes that if the Chargers were to complete a trade before the deadline, veteran RB Donald Brown is likely to be the guy.
- However, RB Brandon Oliver is dealing with a right foot injury, which means San Diego may elect to hold onto Brown to ensure their depth at the position.
- Gehlken added that Pro Bowl S Eric Weddle isn’t going anywhere, despite the reports from last night.
- Eagles HC Chip Kelly told reporters Tuesday that they are not expected to make any trades before the 4 pm EST deadline. (Jeff McLane)
- There really wasn’t a lot of buzz about the Eagles completing a trade, even though DE/OLB Vinny Curry had come up as a potential trade candidate.
- Kelly said of their quarterback position: “We feel very comfortable with our quarterback situation.”