- Mike Klis, citing a source close to Broncos executive VP John Elway, reports that Denver would like to elevate former HC Gary Kubiak to a prominent personnel department position.
- Kubiak has served as a Broncos’ scouting consultant, working alongside of Elway, since he walked away from coaching a few years ago.
- According to Jason La Canfora, a darkhorse candidate for the Giants’ head-coaching job is former Titans HC Mike Munchak.
- Other names worth watching for the Giants, according to La Canfora, include Panthers DC Steve Wilks, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Eagles DC Jim Schwartz and Vikings OC Pat Shurmur.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that while the Patriots have had the most continuity at both coordinator spots of any team in the NFL, sources close to OC Josh McDaniels believe he’s as motivated as ever to strongly pursue any opportunities that might come his way.
- According to Reiss, if the Patriots end up needing to replace McDaniels, in-house candidates for their offensive coordinator position include WRs coach Chad O’Shea and QBs coach Jerry Schuplinski.
- As for Patriots DC Matt Patricia, he too is expected to have plenty of interest from other teams. The top in-house candidate to replace Patricia, according to Reiss, is LBs coach Brian Flores.
- Following the news that Texans GM Rick Smith is taking an extended leave of absence to take care of his wife, Tiffany, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, John McClain reports that HC Bill O’Brien will “definitely” return as their head coach in 2018.
- According to McClain, the Texans are expected to go outside of the organization to find Smith’s replacement with Brian Gaine being a name worth keeping an eye on.
- Tom Pelissero adds that Gaine and Falcons executive Scott Pioli are both tight with O’Brien and come from the Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick tree.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!