Home 49ers NFL Rumors: Chip Kelly, Anthony Lynn, 49ers, Dolphins & Vikings
- While some have cautioned that 49ers HC Chip Kelly has yet to be informed that he’ll be fired, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Kelly is “definitely” out.
- Florio adds that the 49ers plan to clean house and completely start over in 2017 with a new head coach and general manager.
- In a later report, Florio says that San Francisco will at least give Kelly a chance to lobby for his job, but it won’t be easy.
- Mike Silver reports that while the Bills are “very high” on interim HC Anthony Lynn, he’s likely to draw “heavy interest” from other teams including Rams, Jaguars and 49ers among others.
- Jason Cole reports that 49ers CEO Jed York “very much” wanted to interview Stanford HC David Shaw last year, but he didn’t want it to appear as though they were just trying to fill the Rooney Rule requirement.
- Mike Florio of PFT, citing multiple sources, reports that the Dolphins still don’t know whether QB Ryan Tannehill will be able to return from his MCL and ACL sprains in time for next week’s playoff game against the Steelers.
- Florio says that it’s possible Tannehill’s availability could depend on whether the Dolphins’ game is scheduled for either Saturday or Sunday next week.
- Jeff Darlington reports that if the Dolphins end up losing DC Vance Joseph to a head-coaching job in the coming weeks, LBs coach Matt Burke would likely to replace him.
- Mike Florio has confirmed that Vikings HC Mike Zimmer will return for the 2017 season, despite a disappointing finish to the season.
- Earlier in the day, Jay Glazer also mentioned that Zimmer was likely to return next year after ownership asked him questions about what happened last week with defensive backs not following the gameplan.