- Gil Brandt expects Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons to be a first-round pick tonight and wouldn’t be shocked if Texas A&M C Erik McCoy and Ohio State WR Parris Campbell were also selected.
- According to Brandt, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Mississippi State DE/OLB Montez Sweat goes much earlier than most expect.
- Brandt adds that we could see cornerbacks and wide receivers called in Round 1 that weren’t previously being mentioned as Round 1 prospects.
- Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports that Eli Manning intends to play “somewhere” in 2020 whether it’s with the Giants or another team.
- Gil Brandt can see the Giants staying put at No. 6 and 17 and taking offensive and defensive linemen.
- According to Rich Cimini, it sounds like there’s a “pretty good chance” the Jets trade down from No. 3 overall.
- Cimini reports that one team is already under the impression the Jets have a deal worked out with another team if Quinnen Williams is available at No. 3.
- Cimini confirms that the Bills are worth keeping an eye to move up to No. 3 overall.
- If the Jets trade down, Cimini mentions edge rusher or an offensive lineman could make sense for New York.
- Ralph Vacchiano mentions that if the Jets dropped to No. 9 overall, Florida State DE/OLB Brian Burns, Michigan LB Devin Bush, Clemson DT Christian Wilkins or DE Clelin Ferrell could all be in play for the Jets.
- As for potential compensation, Vacchiano would think the Jets could a third- and fourth-round pick on top of a future first- and second-round selection. 2nd.