Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports writes that there’s still no buzz whatsoever regarding former Ravens RB Ray Rice getting another shot in the NFL.
La Canfora mentions that if he was advising Rice, he would try to convince him to give the CFL a shot and try to showcase what he has left to offer a team.
Even if Rice were to have success in Canada, La Canfora believes he would have play at an “incredibly high level” to even garner any NFL interest, as owners have essentially “blackballed” him from returning to the NFL following the incident in which he knockout his then fiancee.
- Matt Miller of B/R spoke with an NFC West team who has Cal QB Jared Goff rated as the No. 1 quarterback on their board followed by Paxton Lynch and then Carson Wentz.
- An NFC scout also told Miller that they have Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell has the No. 4 wide receiver on their draft board.
- According to Miller, Ohio State WR Braxton Miller is in play for the Texans at No. 22 overall.
- Miller reports that the Patriots worked out Houston WR Demarcus Ayers this week.
- An NFL GM tells Miller that Corey Coleman and Will Fuller are both being devalued due to drops, but he has them rated as the top-2 receivers this year’s class.
- Three teams have told Miller that TCU WR Josh Doctson should be a top-20 pick.
- Miller reports that Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith’s draft stock is “completely fluid” right now, and a lot will depend on how his medical re-checks and team visits go.
- Tony Pauline reports that UTEP DE Roy Robertson-Harris met with the 49ers and Panthers during pro day and has visits scheduled with the Raiders and Chiefs. He’ll also work out for the Bears and Vikings.
- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers sent OC/WRs coach Todd Monken to Ole Miss on Thursday to work out WR Cody Core.
- Todd Archer would entertain the idea of trading out of the No. 4 overall pick if he were the Cowboys, but admits that he’d have to be “overwhelmed to make the move.”
- Archer’s point is that the Cowboys are in a great position to come away with a cornerstone player, so unless they’re going to pick up a future first-, second- and/or third-round pick in the deal, it’s probably best to remain where they are.
- According to Archer, DeMarcus Lawrence is expected to be a full-go for the start of training camp after he underwent offseason surgery on his back.
- Archer still wonders if Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott could be in the mix for the Cowboys at No. 4 overall or maybe someone like Kenneth Dixon in the third round.
- Matt Miller wonders of Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg could be an option for the Cowboys in the second or third round after he worked out for the Cowboys this week.
- The Steelers have pre-draft visits lined up today with Miami S Deon Bush, Duke S Jeremy Cash, Georgia Tech CB David White, and LSU OL Jerald Hawkins. (Ray Fittipaldo)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!