- According to Jason Cole, the reported 10-game suspension handed down to S Will Hill should come as no surprise.
- Cole mentions that friends of Hill said that he was still using banned substances last offseason, even as he was negotiating new deal with the Ravens.
- Rand Getlin reports that Ohio State CB Eli Apple has visits and/or meetings lined up with more than 16 teams, including the Jaguars, Buccaneers, Rams and Dolphins.
- James Palmer reports that Baylor DT Andrew Billings has meet with the Buccaneers, Steelers, Lions, and 49ers.
- In regards to the recent trade with the Patriots involving DE Chandler Jones, Cardinals GM Steve Keim said the deal took about three days to complete. (Ben Volin)
- Keim said that they “had great lines of communication with the Patriots” while adding: “They were great to work with.” (Ben Volin)
- According to Kent Somers, the Cardinals will evaluate veteran ILB Karlos Dansby.
- However, Somers adds that Dansby is “not a guy you throw money at right away.”
Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star takes a look at some of the remaining free agents who could make sense for the Colts in the second week of free agency.
A few notable names in Holder’s article to keep an eye on include: CB Brandon Boykin, CB Patrick Robinson, OLB Mike Neal, OLB Courtney Upshaw, G Louis Vaquez, and C Stefan Wisniewski.