According to Ian Rapoport, the Panthers have requested permission to interview 49ers VP of player personnel Adam Peters for their general manager vacancy.
Rapoport notes Peters actually knows Panthers HC Matt Rhule from when he played at UCLA while Rhule was an assistant coach.
Tom Pelissero reports the Panthers have also requested an interview with Saints assistant GM Jeff Ireland. He’s also interviewing with Detroit this week.
Here’s an updated list of candidates linked to the Panthers GM job:
- 49ers VP of player personnel Adam Peters (Requested)
- Former Giants GM Jerry Reese
- Saints VP/assistant GM of college personnel Jeff Ireland
- Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds
- Seahawks VP of football operations Scott Fitterer
- Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio (Requested)
- Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen (Requested)
- Browns VP of Football Operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Requested)
- Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles (Requested)
- Chiefs Director of Football Administration Brandt Tilis (Requested)
- Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland (Requested)
Peters began his career with the Patriots as a scouting assistant back in 2003 and was later promoted to area scout in 2006. Peters joined the Broncos as their director of college scouting and spent eight years with the franchise. He was hired by the 49ers as their VP of player personnel in 2017.
We’ll have more on the Panthers GM search as the news is available.