Home 49ers NFL Notes: 49ers, Bengals, Packers, Panthers
- Ian Rapoport reports that 49ers S Eric Reid will miss Thursday’s game against the Rams, due to a PCL injury he suffered this past weekend.
- According to Rapoport, Reid is expected to miss a few weeks, but overall he was still very fortunate.
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, there’s a feeling within the Bengals’ locker room that the team’s leash for QB Andy Dalton isn’t very long and if he continues to struggle under new OC Bill Lazor, he could be the next one gone.
- Florio mentions that Cincinnati could turn to A.J. McCarron if Dalton is benched.
- Although, Florio adds that there’s a “feeling among some of the players that the Bengals should go off the board and consider bringing in Colin Kaepernick.“
- Although Florio says there’s “there’s no indication that the team would consider making such a move” as of now.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Packers WR Jordy Nelson (quad) is “50-50” to play in Week 3’s game against the Bengals.
- Schefter adds that Nelson’s quad injury isn’t considered to be serious, but it’s still possible it could cost him a game.
- Chris Tomasson reports that the Panthers are working out S Jack Tocho on Tuesday.