- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan told reporters that he does not anticipate new contract for QB Jimmy Garoppolo before the end of the season and the situation will be assessed during the offseason. (Eric Branch)
- According to Matt Barrows, 49ers CB Ahkello Witherspoon‘s MRI revealed that he has a sprained MCL, but this is not considered to be a long-term issue.
- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers are bringing in free agent LB Nigel Harris a for a workout on Tuesday.
Colts HC Chuck Pagano explained that he “can’t sit and worry” about his job status moving forward and he understands the situation.
“You know what you got into,” Pagano said Monday, via Stephen Holder of the Indy Star. “It’s all I’ve known forever. The shelf life for these jobs is not long. So you embrace every single opportunity, every single day, every single game. To get to go to practice with these guys and grind and work and compete and go play games, it’s a blessing. You can’t sit and worry about it.
Pagano added that whatever happens after the season happens.
“It’s perspective,” Pagano said. “As long as you’re on this side of the dirt, you’re not guaranteed anything. You know that. We’re all on 1-day contracts. We’ve said it a million times. That’s what it is. You’re not guaranteed anything. You get today and we’re going to go after today like no other day. And when we get tomorrow, we’re going to do the same thing.
“Control what you can control. Whatever happens, happens.”
- Rams HC Sean McVay announced Monday that CB Trumaine Johnson is not in the concussion protocol. (Alden Gonzalez)
- According to McVay, RT Rob Havenstein, LT Andrew Whitworth, OLB Connor Barwin and WR Robert Woods are all on track to play against the Seahawks on Sunday.