Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News writes that you can scratch Brian Kelly’s name off the list of potential candidates for the Giants’ head-coaching job, should they fire Tom Coughlin.
Kelly explained that giving up total control at Notre Dame for less say in another organization wouldn’t make a lot of sense.
“How would you give up control of all the things you have at Notre Dame to do that, unless they gave you full autonomy and control of an organization?” Kelly said, according to NDInsider.com. “I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon for Brian Kelly.”
- Kevin Acee of the Union Tribune writes that it’s time for the Chargers to move on from HC Mike McCoy and start a new era.
- Acee lists Saints HC Sean Payton, UCLA HC Jim Mora, Bengals OC Hue Jackson, Patriots DC Matt Patricia and Jaguars assistant HC Doug Marrone as intriguing possibilities for the Chargers.
- Stephen Holder mentions that if/when the Colts fire HC Chuck Pagano, the Miami Dolphins could be a good fit for him.
- Holder mentions that the Dolphins have elite defensive tackle, but also a lack of chemistry.
- Holder believes Pagano would be able to unite the Dolphins’ locker room if hired.
“I think any first round draft pick, or draft pick would love to stay where they’ve been drafted at, unless they just had a horrible experience,” Amukamara said, via NJ.com. “And that definitely hasn’t been my case here. I love the organization, and I’ve definitely been treated first-class here. It’s been great.”
“I love playing on this team and love playing with the guys on this team,” Randle said, via the New York Post. “I’ve built a special bond with a lot of people in this organization, so it would be tough leaving them. I would love to stick around, but we’ll see how it goes.”