- Mike Chappell expects the Colts to re-sign TE Coby Fleener and allow fellow TE Dwayne Allen to depart in free agency.
- Chappell can see Fleener securing around $4 million per year in his next contract.
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross mentioned that if they haven’t made the playoffs after three years, they looking for a new head coach.
“After three years, if we haven’t made the playoffs, we’re looking for a new coach,” Ross said. “That’s just the way it is. The fans want it.”
Ross did, however, say that he was looking for the next Bill Belichick when he hired Adam Gase.
“Instead of getting a retread that really hasn’t had a great track record as head coach, I was looking for somebody that really could be the next, if you will, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, you know, really great head coach, and I think we got one,” Ross said, via the Palm Beach Post.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports the Dolphins and impending free agent DE Olivier Vernon have had “no significant contract discussions” since the season ended.
- Salguero expects Vernon to secure a contract that will pay him $14-$15 million per year in the coming months.
- If Vernon isn’t back with the Dolphins either by use of the franchise tag or a long-term contract, Salguero lists the Falcons, Giants, 49ers, Raiders, Colts and Bears as teams to watch for his services.
- Joel Corry considers the idea of the Jaguars cutting LB Dan Skuta a “remote possibility.”
- Corry points out that $3.5 million of Skuta’s $3.6 million 2016 base salary already became fully guaranteed on fifth day of waiver period.
Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins said he’d like to play his entire NFL career in Houston as a member of the organization.
“If I can play my whole career here, I would,” DeAndre Hopkins said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “I love this place. This organization took a chance on drafting me. You have to look at that.”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!