Lance Zierlein of NFL.com offers some interesting NFL comparisons for some notable draft prospects including:
- California QB Jared Goff – Matt Ryan
- North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz – Blake Bortles
- Ohio State RB Ezikiel Elliot – Edgerrin James
- Indiana RB Jordan Howard – Arian Foster
- Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell – DeAndre Hopkins
- Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil – Tyron Smith
- Kansas State G Cody Whitehair – Zack Martin
- Ohio State DE Joey Bosa – Ryan Kerrigan
- Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith – Derrick Johnson
- Florida State CB Jalen Ramsey – Sean Smith
- Bill Barnwell writes that the Eagles should not use their franchise tag on QB Sam Bradford, and should instead pursue Chase Daniel in free agency.
- Barnwell believes they could sign Daniel, who has obvious ties to new HC Doug Pederson, for $6 million.
- Barnwell also mentions that the Eagles should lock up DE Fletcher Cox to a long-term deal and re-sign S Walter Thurmond.
- In regards to RB DeMarco Murry, Barnwell doesn’t think it makes much sense for them to move on from him this offseason, considering that they would be on the hook for $7 million in salary in 2016 and another $2 million in 2017.
Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times runs down the Seahawks’ list of impending free agents.
- While OLB Bruce Irvin has said that he’d consider taking less money to be back with the Seahawks, Condotta believes that may be easier to say than actually do. Condotta lists the Falcons, Jaguars, and Raiders as three teams who could have interest in Irvin.
- According to Condotta, there’s been some growing sentiment that Seattle will attempt to re-sign WR Jermaine Kearse.
- Condotta expects G J.R. Sweezy, CB Jeremy Lane and P Jon Ryan to test the open market.
Steelers impending free agent Brandon Boykin says he’s still open to re-signing with the team, despite the lack of playing time he saw in 2015 after they traded for him.
“At the end, the organization said they appreciated how I went about it, being a pro, not really talking about it,” Boykin said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN. “I don’t have any hard feelings toward Pittsburgh. Absolutely, under the right circumstances, for sure [I’d return].”