Bills GM Doug Whaley said Thursday during an interview with WGR 550 that they’re “working diligently” to re-sign veteran G Richie Incognito.
“We’re working diligently to do that,” Whaley said, via Syracuse.com. “The negotiation process is one that can never be clear cut and defined with a certain time table. We do have an ending date coming soon with him being able to hit the market, but [Bills senior vice president of football operations] Jim Overdorf and [Incognito’s agent] David Dunn have had continuous conversations for a while now so we’re hoping something positive comes from that.”
- Whaley says QB EJ Manuel is “in our plans for next year” but also added, “never say never.” (Mike Rodak)
- Whaley said HC Rex Ryan will run a “more traditional 3-4″ defense next season. (Mike Rodak)
Whaley mentioned that they want to get as many of their six restricted free agents re-signed as possible, adding: “We’re working on it.” (Mike Rodak)
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald takes a look at some potential defensive targets for the Dolphins including: William Hayes, Malik Jackson, Greg Hardy, Robery Ayers, and Chris Long among others.
- As for the draft, Salguero mentions that Oregon’s DeForrest Buckner, Clemson’s Shaq Lawson, Florida’s Jonathan Bullard, Clemson’s Kevin Dodd, Oklahoma State’s Emmanuel Ogbah, and Michigan State’s Shilique Calhoun as some names to keep an eye on.
In the end, Salguero expects the Dolphins to make three defensive end moves this offseason in either free agency for the draft.
- According to Phil Sheridan of ESPN, the Eagles could consider targeting WR Marvin Jones, S George Iloka, and/or G Brandon Brooks in free agency in the coming weeks.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press expects the Lions to re-sign veteran DT Haloti Ngata, even after they reportedly re-signed DT Tyrunn Walker.
- According to Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, “there have been positive signs” in regards to the Saints retaining RT Zach Strief.
- Holder mentions that the Saints could be back in the market for guard help this year with speculative options including Kelechi Osemele, Alex Boone, Evan Mathis, Ramon Foster and Brandon Brooks.
- Holder can see the Saints bargain hunting for cornerbacks in free agency and lists Bargain hunting may mean going for veterans like the Leon Hall, Jerraud Powers and Patrick Robinson as a few players New Orleans could consider.