Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott said he got more work at receiver this offseason and expects to do more as a pass-catcher in 2020.
“I think this offseason, I really didn’t do anything from the backfield,” Elliott said, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “I did a lot of stuff from out at receiver, in the slot. Just trying to evolve my game there, just so I can be more of a viable resource in the pass game.”
“And that’s what he wanted to go do,” Prescott said. “He wants his game to evolve to that. He wants to be able to move all the way around, and I think that creates a new dynamic for our offense. We talk about the receivers and Blake Jarwin and the tight ends that we have. But when you can put Zeke out there and don’t know whether he’s going to run a route from there or motion back into the backfield and it be a run or play action, it just allows our game to be unlimited.”
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of RT La’el Collins (injured reserve, hip): “His initial, initial challenge was conditioning as he got ready to go. And then he developed a couple of other things. …He won’t be there for the first two or three games at this juncture.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Tim McManus reports that Eagles RT Lane Johnson had surgery on his ankle in August, which explains his extended absence from training camp.
- According to McManus, Johnson’s procedure was described as a “clean out.” It’s worth mentioning that Johnson returned to practice in a limited capacity this week.
- Eagles CB Cre’Von LeBlanc said he had some interest when he was a free agent from other teams, but he’s happy to be back in Philadelphia. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- The Eagles officially ruled out DT Javon Hargrave (pectoral, hamstring) and WR Alshon Jeffery (foot) for Week 1’s game and list DE Derek Barnett (hamstring), T Lane Johnson (ankle), and RB Miles Sanders (hamstring) as questionable.
- Washington officially ruled out LB Thomas Davis (calf) for Week 1 and have CB Kendall Fuller (knee) down as doubtful and T Saahdiq Charles (calf) as questionable.