The Bills signed QB Matt Barkley to a two-year extension on Friday.
“It’s worked out pretty well,” Barkley said of his new deal, via Buffalobills.com. “At the outset of the season I was injured and got released and was sitting on my couch at home not knowing what the future held. But at the same time I kept working and staying confident and worked to get back on the field. To see the extension today and knowing I have a future with the Bills and knowing it’s a place I really want to be… I love this team and this organization and the QB room we have, it’s really, really special.”
- Bills HC Sean McDermott said it looks like RB LeSean McCoy is ready to go for Week 16’s game, but they plan to see how things go leading up to Sunday. (Chris Brown)
- The Buffalo Bills officially ruled out CB Ryan Lewis (concussion) and list RB Chris Ivory (shoulder) as questionable.
- The Miami Dolphins list S T.J. McDonald (ankle) as doubtful for Week 16 and list LB Kiko Alonso (knee, hamstring), DE Ziggy Hood (hamstring), CB Xavien Howard (knee), and DT Kendrick Norton (ankle) as questionable.
- Dolphins waived OL Hroniss Grasu. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins promoted S Maurice Smith to their active roster.
Jets WR Robby Anderson says he feels like he’s been a No. 1 receiver for New York the past few seasons.
“I feel like that’s what I’ve been,” Anderson said, via the New York Post. “That’s what I was last year. That’s what I’ve proven myself to be. People are going to say what they want to say. There’s always going to be doubters and critics.”
Anderson added that he wants to be part of the Jets’ turnaround.
“I want to be a part of the uprising and the transformation,” Anderson said.
- The New York Jets officially ruled out WR Quincy Enunwa (ankle) and list LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (shoulder) as doubtful for Week 16. The Jets also have LB Jordan Jenkins (ankle) and CB Darryl Roberts (toe) down as questionable.
- Jets signed DB Charlie Miller to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Rapoport says that Gordon clearly won’t play again for the Patriots this season and it’s possible we’ve seen the last of him in the NFL.
- Patriots HC Bill Belichick said of Gordon: “I spoke with Josh yesterday morning. It’s obviously an unfortunate situation. Personally I wish him the very best as we all do on this team.” (Phil Perry)
- Michael Giardi spoke to a team source about their receiver situation who said they will have to work with what they have the rest of the way.
- Patriots signed DL Ufomba Kamalu to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Patriots signed OL Tony Adams to their practice squad.