- The Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn says it seems like a “foregone conclusion” the Bills will release TE Charles Clay.
- Fairburn writes that the Bills’ will likely look to re-sign upcoming free agent DT Jordan Phillips.
- Fairburn adds that C Matt Paradis, WR Tyrell Williams, OT Daryl Williams and G Rodger Saffold could be targets for the Bills in free agency.
The Miami Dolphins announced a series of front office moves on Tuesday including:
- Ron Brockington – senior national scout
- J.P. Correia – player personnel scout
- Adam Engroff, Anthony Hunt – co-directors of player personnel
- Brandon Shore – VP of football admin
- Matt Winston – asst. director of college scouting
- Marvin Allen – assistant GM
- Alex Marvez reports that Eric Studesville is expected to remain with the Dolphins as their RBs coach under new HC Brian Flores.
- The Dolphins are hiring Pat Flaherty as their OL coach. (Dan Graziano)
- The Athletic’s Chris Perkins believes DE Andre Branch, DE Robert Quinn, WR DeVante Parker and QB Ryan Tannehill are unlikely to return to Miami next season.
- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes writes that while the Jets have the second-most cap space in the NFL with a projected $106 million, they still could consider cutting OT Kelvin Beachum or OL Spencer Long if they find upgrades this offseason.
- Releasing Beachum would free up $8 million, while cutting Long loose would free up $6.5 million.
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski says he isn’t thinking about the possibility that the Super Bowl could be his final game.
“As of right now, that’s one of the last things I’m thinking about,” Gronkowski said, per James Palmer. “I love playing the game. … a few weeks down the road, you relax, you get some downtime, enjoyment time and you just see where you want to go with it.”
- Michael Giardi confirms both OL coach Dante Scarnecchia and RB coach Ivan Fears will return to the Patriots next season.