Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots
- The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson believes Dolphins WR Kenny Stills would make sense to play in the slot along with WR Albert Wilson in 2019.
- Jackson says there might not be a defensive end among Miami’s top-11 defensive players unless DE Charles Harris makes major strides.
- The Dolphins plan to use LB Jerome Baker more as a pass rusher according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.
- Jackson expects the Dolphins to be able to carry over $15 million in cap space.
- Per Adam Caplan, whoever is hired for the Jets general manager position will have “significant control” of the 53-man roster and the draft.
- Caplan adds that it’s unclear whether the new GM will control over the 47-man roster and free agency, but this is expected to be a real GM job that will give the next hire most, if not, all of the say in roster decisions.
- Jets claimed LB James Burgess off of waivers from the Dolphins. (NFLTR)
- Jets placed RB Jalin Moore on the non-football injury list.
- Per the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin, Patriots TE Ben Watson‘s four-game suspension will cost him $557,352 in lost salary, roster bonus and signing bonus.
- Doug Kyed of NESN posted an updated 53-man roster projection for the Patriots on Tuesday.
- Some of Kyed’s more notable roster cuts include QB Danny Etling, WR Braxton Berrios, OL Brian Schwenke, DE Shilique Calhoun, DT David Parry, DT Danny Shelton, CB Duke Dawson, S Obi Melifonwu and P Ryan Allen.