New Bills QB A.J. McCarron told reporters on Tuesday that he isn’t losing any sleep about the possibility of the team drafting a quarterback in round one this year.
“Listen, I can’t worry about that because it creates mental clutter for myself. So if I create mental clutter for myself, I can’t become the best player, the best teammate that I need to be for this team,” McCarron said, via NFL.com.
“My focus, like I said, is to be the best leader, the best teammate, the best servant for the guys that are in this locker room, and that’s what I’m trying to be. So for me to worry about ifs and what could happen, it’s just not a part of my DNA. I’ve never been that way and won’t ever do it.”
- Alabama LB Rashaan Evans is visiting with the Bills on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Maryland WR D.J. Moore and Memphis WR Anthony Miller are visiting the Bills on Wednesday. (Josh Norris)
Regarding his departure from the Dolphins, veteran C Mike Pouncey said Tuesday that it was the way it all happened that upset him the most.
“I understand it happens,” Pouncey said, via Greg Beachem of the Associated Press. “It was just the way it happened. I was there for seven years, and for them to not bring me in, sit me down and let me know what was going on, especially the fact that me and my brother (Maurkice) worked out there every single day this offseason, sat down and met with the coaches every single day — it just didn’t sit well with me. Guys come in and get cut all the time, but I was there for seven years. They could have at least brought me in, instead of texting my agent and ignoring my phone calls and texts all day.”
- Dolphins executive Chris Grier told reporters on Wednesday that two teams called them about a trade up in last year’s draft for DE Charles Harris, but the ultimately decided to take Harris instead. (Armando Salguero)
- Grier said they believe they have enough draft capital to get into the Top 6 if there’s a guy there they like. (Adam Beasley)
- Dolphins executive VP Mike Tannenbaum raised the possibility of trading back. (Adam Beasley)
- If the Dolphins are to explore the possibility of signing veteran RB C.J. Anderson, it won’t be until after the draft. (Adam Beasley)
- Stanford S Justin Reid is scheduled to meet with the Dolphins on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
“[If] it comes down to Baker and Josh Rosen, honestly, I’ve heard both,” McShay said. “I’ve heard people who seem very convinced, in who they’ve talked to and what they know, that Baker Mayfield is the guy. I’ve talked to other people who seem just as convinced, in who they’ve talked to and the information they’ve got, that Josh Rosen would be the guy.”
- Rich Cimini is hearing pretty much the same as McShay, but Mayfield appears to have the “slight edge” over Rosen.
- While the Jets “love” Wyoming QB Josh Allen‘s arm strength and athleticism, they’re concerned about his accuracy and Cimini would be surprised if the selected him No. 3 overall.
- In the event USC QB Sam Darnold falls to the Jets at No. 3, Cimini says they would “happily pick him.”
- Cimini isn’t ruling out the possibility of the Jets moving up to No. 2 overall with the Giants.
- Georgia LB Lorenzo Carter is taking a pre-draft visit to New York and meeting with the Jets on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
Following the report from earlier in the day that Patriots QB Tom Brady hasn’t committed to returning for the 2018 season just yet, Mike Giardi spoke with a pair Brady’s teammates who said the quarterback has never indicated he wasn’t playing/retiring.
According to Giardi, Brady has continued his normal workout regimen and diet up to this point, even while he was in Qatar.
- According to Doug Kyed, the Patriots’ interest in UCLA QB Josh Rosen “is real.“
- The Patriots are hosting Alabama WR Calvin Ridley on a pre-draft visit Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)