- While Josh Allen appears to be in good position to open the season as the Bills’ starting quarterback, Mike Rodak says that it’s too early to consider Allen a “lock” to start Week 1.
- Rodak adds that Bills HC Sean McDermott has as high of an opinion of Nathan Peterman as anyone and I wouldn’t expect A.J. McCarron’s injury to cause McDermott to stray from his “calculated” plan about Allen.
- Rodak thinks McDermott could give both Peterman and Allen time with the first-team offense next week.
- Beyond that, Rodak wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bills sign another quarterback.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN does not think the Jets should rush to start first-round QB Sam Darnold, given that they have capable starters in Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater on the roster.
- Cimini points out that Bridgewater remains a trade candidate, especially if the Jets are comfortable moving forward with McCown and Darnold.
- Cimini also notes that the Jets’ offensive line is not suited to protect a rookie quarterback since LT Kelvin Beachum and RG Brian Winters are dealing with injuries, while the team is learning a new blocking scheme.
- Lastly, Cimini does not think the Jets’ schedule is fit for a rookie quarterback, considering that they open Week 1 with a Monday night game and have a Thursday night Week 3 game for a total of three games in just 11 days.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said CB Trumaine Johnson strained his hamstring during Thursday’s preseason game and was held out of Saturday’s practice as a “precaution.” Bowles went on to say that Johnson will “hopefully” return soon. (Rich Cimini)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!