- The Bills have hired Phoebe Schecter to a season-long coaching internship position, although she is not yet a full-time member of the coaching staff. (Mike Rodak)
Brian Costello of the New York Post mentions that the receiver position is the Jets’ top position battle leading into final roster cuts, while the team will also face difficult decisions at tight end, cornerback and outside linebacker.
- At wide receiver, Costello predicts Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, Quincy Enunwa, Terrelle Pryor, Tre McBride, Charone Peake, and Andre Roberts to make the 53-man roster.
- Costello has the Jets cutting TE Clive Walford and moving forward with Eric Tomlinson, Chris Herndon, Jordan Leggett, and Neal Sterling at tight end.
- At cornerback, Costello believes Juston Burris will get released and the Jets will carry six corners with Trumaine Johnson, Morris Claiborne, Buster Skrine, Darryl Roberts, Parry Nickerson, and Derrick Jones.
- As for the outside linebacker, Costello has Jordan Jenkins, Josh Martin, Frankie Luvu, and Brandon Copeland making the active roster, with Lorenzo Mauldin and Dylan Donahue getting the boot.
- Former NFL GM Mark Dominik believes the Jets could have gotten more than a 2019 third-round pick for QB Teddy Bridgewater had they waited to trade him.
- According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the sense around the Patriots “isn’t as strong” that rookie RB Sony Michel (knee) will be ready for Week 1 as it is for Rex Burkhead‘s (knee) availability.
- The Patriots agreed to a restructured contract with TE Rob Gronkowski on Thursday. (NFLTR)
- Patriots added $4.3M of incentives to Rob Gronkowski‘s deal on Thursday and he can now earn up to $13.3M in 2018. (NFLTR)
- Patriots TE Dwayne Allen’s agrees to a pay cut. (NFLTR)