- Bills HC Sean McDermott says the punting competition between Cory Carter and Corey Bojorquez “remains open” per the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia.
- Carter will miss the Bills’ third preseason game for an injury, leaving Bojorquez to kick the entire game.
- Bills C Mitch Morse remains in the concussion protocol and won’t play Friday despite practicing Tuesday. (Buscaglia)
- According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Jets HC Adam Gase seemed to indicate RB Le’Veon Bell would not play until the regular season: “I can’t wait to see what he does on a Sunday. With him practicing, that’s fun enough. You can tell the guy is a special, special player. To see him on a Sunday is gonna be fun.”
- Jets signed LB Stephone Anthony. (NFLTR)
- Jets waived S Santos Ramirez.
Patriots DT Danny Shelton ended up being a healthy scratch late in the 2018 season and HC Bill Belichick asked him to drop from his usual playing weight of 350 pounds in 2019. Shelton checked in to camp weighing a svelte 325 pounds and has seemingly put himself back into the conversation on the roster bubble.
“I think Bill was really surprised when I came in for OTAs and I was about 325, as [compared] to 342 pounds that I was the previous year,” Shelton said via the Boston Herald’s Kevin Duffy. “I felt a lot quicker. I felt like he’s seen my goal this year as far as how much my weight plays a part in my approach to the season. We agreed on 330 as a good goal, and I’ve been maintaining that this whole offseason.”
- According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, the Patriots will likely keep the first six receivers from this list: Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon, N’Keal Harry, Demaryius Thomas, Phillip Dorsett, Jakobi Meyers, Maurice Harris, Braxton Berrios, Gunner Olszewski, Damoun Patterson and Ryan Davis.
- Gordon and Thomas are currently on the non-football injury list.
- The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin says, however, the $1.2 million that becomes guaranteed in Thomas’ salary could work against him for a final roster spot, as well as the potential $4.5 million in bonuses and incentives.