- According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Dolphins OT Jesse Davis and C Daniel Kilgore are likely locked in as starters heading into the 2020 season based on their play this year.
- Dolphins OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo praised Davis’ play, saying he looked like a big-time, legitimate NFL right tackle in Sunday’s win against the Eagles. He also praised Kilgore: “The middle of our pocket looks different. Examine how the middle of our pocket looks on a play-by-play basis. Danny is a key component making sure that middle is solid.”
- By comparison, DeGuglielmo was much more measured discussing rookie guards Michael Deiter and Shaq Calhoun, saying both need to continue to develop.
- Dolphins TE coach George Godsey said he’s been happy with the progress TE Durham Smythe has shown: “As a blocker, he’s had his ups and downs but more ups.”
- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes notes the Jets have used a league-high 68 players due to injuries, which is unique even in the NFL.
- The Jets worked out CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jets placed LB C.J. Mosley on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jets claimed DB Bennett Jackson off of waivers from the Ravens.
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Howe, Patriots C Ted Karras is expected to only miss a game or two with his sprained MCL.
- The Athletic’s Jay Glazer says the plan is still for Patriots OC Josh McDaniels to eventually replace HC Bill Belichick.