Dolphins CB Xavien Howard isn’t one of the chattiest players on the field, telling reporters you “don’t see me out here just bragging about doing anything.” He doesn’t plan on changing that part of his game, but did say there was room to go to match his status as the highest-paid corner in the NFL.
“Yes, most definitely I can get better,” Howard said via Alain Poupart of the official team website. “There’s a lot of stuff out there I can work on to help my game and become the top corner in the league.”
- Per Adam Beasley, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said he’s spoken to S Reshad Jones, who will not be at voluntary OTA’s: “We’ve had a few conversations. I’m going to keep those conversations between he and I.”
- Flores says he expects to have Jones for mandatory minicamp. (Armando Salguero)
- Flores confirmed DB Minkah Fitzpatrick would work at both corner and safety. (Joe Schad)
- Dolphins WR Albert Wilson is still not practicing while WR Jakeem Grant is limited. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Flores told reporters he was “comfortable” with signing RB Mark Walton. (Beasley)
- Dolphins LB Raekwon McMillan and TE Dwayne Allen were not in attendance for the first OTA practice as they nursed minor injuries. (Salguero)
- Dolphins CB Cordrea Tankersley and LB Chase Allen were also absent rehabbing injuries. (Barry Jackson)
- Flores said he was impressed with RB Kalen Ballage: “I’ve been very impressed with him. He’s smart, he’s talented but he has a humility about him you like. He has continued to improve every day.”
- Dolphins CB Eric Rowe took first-team snaps opposite of Xavien Howard, adding practice was similar to New England: “The way practice runs, how hard we work — it’s all similar to up there.”
- According to NJ.com’s Matt Stypulkoski, the Jets could take a look at either C John Sullivan or C Travis Swanson as a free agent signing to bolster their offensive line.
- Stypulkoski says it’s also likely Jonotthan Harrison wins the starting center job, as the Jets haven’t shown any inclination to bringing in anyone else.
- Jets waived WR DeAngelo Yancey and OT Dieugot Joseph. (NFLTR)
- Jets claimed WR Xavier Ubosi and OT Calvin Anderson off waivers from the Patriots.
- NESN’s Doug Kyed lists David Parry, Byron Cowart and Ufomba Kamalu as on the roster bubble and fighting for maybe one spot at defensive tackle.
- The Athletic’s Nick Underhill mentions the Patriots as a potential destination for TE Kyle Rudolph, given that he likely would be an upgrade over any of their current tight ends.
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski would like to finish his career in New England. (Mike Reiss)
- Patriots signed first-round WR N’Keal Harry. (NFLTR)