Though a hip injury derailed his 2018 season, Dolphins WR Albert Wilson is confident he’ll be recovered and ready to go for 2019.
“There’s no reason why I shouldn’t be out there Week 1,” Wilson said via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “Every test they’ve wanted me to take I’ve been right on track so there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be out there week one. I’m 100, I’m ready to go in when they give me the OK.”
Jets S Marcus Maye was in a non-contact jersey at OTA’s as he continues to recover from a shoulder injury that caused him to go on injured reserve last December.
“It’s not my first time going through it so I know how to handle it, know what to expect,” Maye said via Ethan Sears of the New York Post. “Know how to adjust to everything and learn from, you know, the sideline and also watching a ton of film. It’s a lot. It’s a lot of different calls, lot of different stuff. So just trying to put everything together and learn as we go. When we hit the grass, seeing different formations and stuff like that. But once you’re sitting and learning, you know how to group everything, it’s pretty simple.”
- Per NJ.com’s Matt Stypulkoski, the Jets could target Eagles CB Rasul Douglas or OL Jordan Mailata in a trade as their depth at corner and offensive line is shallow.
- The Jets could also target DE Daeshon Hall, DE Joe Ostman or WR Shelton Gibson.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports that Patriots WR Julian Edelman has taken first-round WR N’Keal Harry under his wing as a mentee during practices.
- Reiss says LB Jamie Collins will likely be a major factor for the team this season as he rotated in with the first-team linebackers at practice, as well as, most importantly, the right guard on punt team.
- According to Reiss, RB Sony Michel was still at the team facility during OTA’s, meaning his absence from the field was probably health-related. Reiss mentions that it was likely nothing major and the only cause for worry would be if Michel was still being held out during training camp.
- Reiss also highlighted WR Braxton Berrios as someone who could make up for missing out on slot WR Adam Humphries in free agency.