The Bengals hired HC Zac Taylor because of his familiarity with the Rams. The hope is Taylor can bring a little bit of Sean McVay‘s offensive wizardry from Los Angeles to Cincinnati. Bengals RB Joe Mixon says there’s no reason to think they can’t put up the same level of production, if not more, than the Rams in 2019.
“Schematically, you know Coach Taylor has come in, the way he’s got it set up, it’s crazy,” Mixon said via Laurel Pfahler of the Dayton Daily News. “It’s night and day from what everyone has seen these past years from the old Bengals. Coach Taylor, he’s got it where it’s going to be a nightmare for the defense. I look forward to it. Everybody has to take it upon themselves to be the best of themselves in this offense. You can count on the people and leaders out there to deliver.”
- According to Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot, both Browns LB Genard Avery and DE Olivier Vernon were sidelined with ankle and hamstring injuries respectively.
- Browns TE Seth DeValve is also in the concussion protocol. (Scott Petrak)
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens says he wants kickers Austin Seibert and Greg Joseph to keep competing and put misses behind them. Seibert, drafted in the fifth round this April, has had a particularly rough go so far during training camp. (Petrak)
- Browns GM John Dorsey reiterated the team doesn’t see RB Duke Johnson as surplus: “Duke is a valuable member of this organization moving forward. Freddie has big plans for him.” (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens HC John Harbaugh says the team will likely carry only five or six wide receivers.
- Zrebiec says it could come down to Jaleel Scott or UDFA Antoine Wesley for the final spot.
- Ravens waived WR Jordan Lasley. (NFLTR)
- Ravens signed LB Nicholas Grigsby. (NFLTR)