- The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. and Jay Morrison write that whether or not Bengals WR A.J. Green is traded before the deadline likely depends on his plans for free agency.
- If Green wants to stay in Cincinnati, the team will make it happen. If he wants to leave, they’ll likely try to trade him for more than the third-round compensatory pick they’d be slated to receive.
- Bengals HC Zac Taylor says Billy Price will start at left guard this week against the Ravens. (Ben Baby)
- Bengals WR Alex Erickson is still in the concussion protocol, while OT Andre Smith is still dealing with an ankle injury. (Baby)
- With Smith’s status in questions, Bengals G Alex Redmond took reps at left tackle in practice. Bengals G John Jerry played left tackle during Sunday’s game. (Dehner)
- Bengals re-signed CB Greg Mabin to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
So far the Browns’ prodigious offseason hype has not translated into success in 2019. Cleveland has been the definition of inconsistency so far, alternating blowout wins with blowout losses. Players expected to be star talents like QB Baker Mayfield and WR Odell Beckham have underperformed, leading to questions about first-year head coach and play caller Freddie Kitchens and whether he’s going through a learning curve managing everything on his plate.
“No, I would not say that at all. I would not say that at all,” Kitchens said via Pro Football Talk. “I think you get into the situation, it is about the result and the narrative changes from the different results that you have. Of course, that can be the narrative. That is the easy thing to say. Just look at the tape.”
- Browns CBs Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams are both still day-to-day with hamstring injuries, per Kitchens. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns WR Rashard Higgins practiced in full on Wednesday. (Jake Trotter)
- The Browns worked out Joe Dineen and Jawauan Johnson. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens CB Jimmy Smith is set to miss his fifth game this week with an MCL sprain.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh wouldn’t specify when the team is expecting to have Smith back but did say it would be “soon.”
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Steelers WR James Washington is expected to miss a few weeks with a shoulder injury suffered in Sunday’s game.
- Steelers QB Mason Rudolph practiced on Wednesday, which is a good sign for his potential availability this week if he can clear the concussion protocol by the end of the week. (Rudolph)