- The Browns met with Miami (Ohio) DL James Costin at his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
- In a mock offseason, the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec writes the Ravens might have to look more at the second tier of pass rushers to address the position in free agency, including guys like Buccaneers DE Jason Pierre-Paul, Bills DE Shaq Lawson or Falcons DE Vic Beasley.
- Zrebiec adds there’s a decent chance the Ravens bank on 2019 fourth-round G Ben Powers growing into an option to start at right guard if Marshal Yanda ends up retiring.
- Both Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray and LSU LB Patrick Queen are solid options for the Ravens in the first round, per Zrebiec.
- Zrebiec mentions the possibility of signing a veteran defensive tackle who wants a chance at a Super Bowl, listing Panthers DT Gerald McCoy, Buccaneers DT Ndamukong Suh, Rams DT Michael Brockers and Lions DT Mike Daniels.
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly notes that it’s not believed that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger had Tommy John surgery on his elbow, but rather a different procedure to reattach three ligaments.
- Kaboly writes that the ball is in Steelers LB Bud Dupree‘s court as it relates to signing a long-term extension, as Pittsburgh will make its offer and won’t budge much from that, even if it means Dupree is a one-year rental on the franchise tag.
- Kaboly notes the Steelers might have to look at signing a veteran TE cut by another team, like Titans TE Delanie Walker, as the top free agents on the market will be pricy and the rookie class doesn’t have any projected immediate impact players.
- Bob Labriola of the team website notes the pending CBA vote could have a major impact on the Steelers, as if the cap jumps as expected, they could retain players they might otherwise lose, like LBs Mark Barron, Vince Williams and Tyler Matakevich.
- Steelers QB Mason Rudolph also recently received clearance to start throwing after having surgery to repair a joint after his shoulder was dislocated late in the season. (Brooke Pryor)
- The Steelers met with Miami (Ohio) DL James Costin at his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!