- Per ESPN’s Ben Baby, Bengals HC Zac Taylor says there’s still no timeline on when WR A.J. Green will return following his ankle injury in training camp.
- Taylor added Green is making progress as expected.
- Bengals OT Cordy Glenn remains in the concussion protocol, leaving OT Andre Smith as the likely starter at left tackle in Week 3. (Geoff Hobson)
- Bengals G Michael Jordan is day-to-day, per Taylor. If he can’t play Sunday, he’ll be replaced by Billy Price. (Hobson)
- According to ESPN’s Jake Trotter, the new deal Browns OT Greg Robinson signed after being cut to start the season includes a base salary of $5.5 million, a $25,000 bonus each game he’s on the active roster and a $500,000 incentive for playing time considered likely to be earned.
- Browns signed G Malcolm Pridgeon to their practice squad.
Steelers WR Donte Moncrief made a strong early impression as Pittsburgh’s potential No. 2 wide receiver in training camp. However, that hasn’t carried over into the regular season, as the veteran’s five drops in only two games have the team perplexed and considering making changes.
“I don’t know what to make of it,” Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I know we haven’t been able to depend on him to this point. He’s got some challenges and we have some challenges moving forward.”
Moncrief was equally as confused by his struggles. However, he said he thinks he just needs to “catch one ball and everything goes away.”
“It’s crazy,” Moncrief said via Brian Batko of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “First time. It’s just overthinking, putting too much pressure on yourself, trying to be perfect when nobody’s perfect. You just got to go out there and play ball and be yourself.”