Joe Burrow’s mother, Robin, attempted to shoot down the notion that her son doesn’t want to play for the Bengals.
“We have no idea where that comes from,” Robin said, via Drew Davison of the Star-Telgeram. “It’s a story out there that someone has created that doesn’t have any substance – from our perspective at least.”
- Burrow responded to the rumors that he didn’t want to go to Cincinnati in an interview with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: “If they select me, they select me. I’m going to do everything in my power to be the best football player I can be.” (Ben Baby)
- Mike Freeman of B/R says “there is a small amount of noise (emphasis on small) from scouts that I trust who think LSU quarterback Joe Burrow might try to keep the Bengals from selecting him by saying he won’t play there.“
- Freeman admits that this could be your standard draft lies or wishful thinking from teams hoping Burrow drops to them. However, Freeman says the “talk is still there, like a trending hashtag.“
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says Browns executives Ken Kovash and Ryan Grigson are candidates to take over as VPs of football operations and player personnel after the draft as new GM Andrew Berry remodels the organizational structure after the Eagles.
- Browns released CB T.J. Carrie, TE Demetrius Harris, and G Eric Kush. (NFLTR)
- Browns released LB Adarius Taylor. (NFLTR)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer mentions Steelers DT Javon Hargrave as a player who’s set to cash in on the open market in free agency this year.
- During an interview on ESPN, Steelers HC Mike Tomlin shut the door on a potential return from Antonio Brown: “We have no current business interest at this time.” (Brooke Pryor)