- Sources tell Dan Graziano that there were people in the Browns’ building who supported hiring Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski before John Dorsey settled on Freddie Kitchens.
- Graziano says he’s watching Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, Brian Daboll and Robert Saleh as the strongest candidates with Stefanski still a “viable” candidate.
- Graziano confirms that Packers co-director of player personnel Jon-Eric Sullivan is the guy to watch for their GM job if they hire McCarthy.
- Should McDaniels get the job, Graziano mentions Patriots player personnel director Nick Caserio or pro scouting director Dave Ziegler as possible GM candidates.
- Daboll could be paired with former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, per Graziano.
- Sources around the league have told Graziano that Eagles’ vice president of football operations Andrew Berry is worth watching for the Browns’ GM job.
- Jason La Canfora has heard from multiple sources that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has not ruled out the possibility of hiring Urban Meyer as their next head coach, despite the fact that the team has yet to request an interview with him.
- If the Browns go through the first part of the process and no candidate stands out as the clear hire, La Canfora writes that Cleveland reaching out to college coaches can’t be ruled out.
- According to Matt Miller, the Ravens are expected to go after pass-rushers in this year’s draft with wide receiver and depth at running back possibly coming later on.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Ravens to receive fourth-round compensatory picks for LB C.J. Mosley and WR John Brown.
- Ed Bouchette of The Athletic expects the Steelers to wait until after the 2020 season to discuss an extension for HC Mike Tomlin, who is under team control through 2022.
- Bouchette expects Pittsburgh to find a way to retain impending free agent OLB Bud Dupree either on a long-term deal or the franchise tag.
- As for potential cap casualties, Bouchette lists G Ramon Foster, OLB Anthony Chickillo and possibly LB/S Mark Barron as three names to watch.
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com projects the Steelers to receive a third-round compensatory pick for RB Le’Veon Bell.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!