- Case Keenum‘s three-year, $18M deal with the Browns includes $10M guaranteed and a $4M signing bonus. The deal includes a $1M escalator in 2021 for wins, a $1.5M base escalator in 2022. However, 2022 year voids if he’s on their roster as of the third day of the 2022 league year with the Browns paying him $3.5M. (Aaron Wilson)
- B.J. Goodson signed a one-year, $2.4M deal with the Browns that includes $2.25M guaranteed and a $1.25M signing bonus. He will make a $1M base salary that’s guaranteed and up to $150K per-game active roster bonuses. (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding what the Ravens will do now that their deal with DT Michael Brockers fell through, Josina Anderson says her understanding is that things are at a bit of a standstill right now. According to Anderson, some of the Ravens’ main targets are off the market.
- After re-signing with the team, Ravens CB Jimmy Smith told BaltimoreRavens.com that he didn’t get the “rush of calls” he was expecting in free agency.
- Smith mentioned that he never had plans to leave Baltimore and admitted that he used other team’s interest as leverage in talks with the Ravens.
- Jimmy Smith‘s signed a one year, $3.5M deal that includes $3.5M guaranteed and a $1M signing bonus to go along with up to $2.5M of playtime incentives. (NFLTR)
In fact, Watt says he’s comfortable playing tight end if need be.
“I feel comfortable doing it,” Watt said Wednesday during a conference call with select Steelers writers. “When I talked to Coach Tomlin briefly, he said we will get into that (on how they will use him) later and he will lay out the plan for me.”
- New Steelers OL Stefen Wisniewski said he had interest from several teams including the Chiefs, but he opted to sign with his hometown team: “The fact that all the stars kind of lined up here, I was super excited. It’s tough to turn down your hometown team, let alone when you’ve got a great opportunity like I have.” (Brooke Pryor)
- Eric Ebron signed two years, $12M deal with the Steelers that includes a $5M signing bonus. He will make base salaries of $1M (2020) and $5.5M (2020) and is owed a $500K roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2021 league year. (Aaron Wilson)