- Coley Harvey considers first-round pick Cedric Ogbuehi a long-term replacement for Andrew Whitworth at left tackle.
- Beyond that, Harvey seems to think the Bengals’ decision to draft two offensive tackles in the first two rounds is a good indication that Cincinnati will allow Whitworth to walk next year.
- Second-round selection Jake Fisher worked at left tackle during OTAs and minicamp.
- Harvey could still see the Bengals looking for help at tight end and wide receiver before the start of the year.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer was arrested early Sunday for battery with intent to cause bodily harm.
According to Rapoport, Kromer’s arrest for assault and battery was for a physical altercation with his neighbor’s son.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 12, 2015
- ESPN’s James Walker writes that rookie LB Mike Hull will be on the roster bubble as the Dolphins enter training camp.
- Walker gives Hull a 55 percent chance to make the 53-man roster.
“You have to go out there against those guys and play to another level every day in practice,” LaFell said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston. “When it came to game time, you [practiced] against Revis, who I feel like is the best corner in the NFL, or a guy like Browner, who I feel like is the most physical in the NFL, [so] you pretty much can get open on anybody.”
- Reiss mentions that rookie defensive backs Darryl Roberts and Jimmy Jean have both made a solid impression this offseason.
- Reiss expects the NFL to ultimately reduce Tom Brady‘s suspension to four games after the recent ruling regarding Cowboys DE Greg Hardy.
- According to Reiss, the Patriots have two open roster spots, which could mean they’ll reconsider the idea of signing veteran CB Tarell Brown at some point.