- According to Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Bengals DE Carlos Dunlap and DT Geno Atkins are unhappy with their current lack of playing time on defense.
- Both have had their roles reduced to essentially just third downs and Dragon notes his sources say coaches told both veterans the changes were “what’s best for the team.”
- However, Dragon says the team is still reluctant to trade either player at this point even though they could move on from both this offseason.
- Per KUSA’s Mike Klis, Broncos HC Vic Fangio said he’s expecting RB Melvin Gordon to return this week.
- Fangio is hopeful TE Noah Fant, second-round WR KJ Hamler and CB A.J. Bouye can make it back against the Chiefs this coming week. (Troy Renck)
- Denver could also get back DL Dre’Mont Jones and OLB DeMarcus Walker. (Klis)
- The Broncos are hopeful G Dalton Risner‘s shoulder issue is minor but they’re awaiting results from an MRI. (Renck)
Browns DE Myles Garrett faced off against the Steelers for the first time since last year’s prime-time brawl. This year, there were far fewer fireworks and Garrett said it appears both sides have moved past it.
“It’s a game to me. I didn’t go into last season, just about playing ball. With these guys, it was all love and it’s all football, just stays on the field and stays between the whistle,” Garrett said via Marla Ridenour of the Akron Beacon Journal. “There was respect during and after the game. There were no problems and there was no animosity.”