- The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. writes the situation between the Bengals and DE Carlos Dunlap has become too toxic to continue and Cincinnati should trade or release the veteran.
- Dunlap posted a picture of the depth chart this weekend after his demotion, was seen screaming at a coach on the sideline Sunday and had to be held back by teammates, and posted a picture of his house after the game saying it was for sale.
- Bengals WR Tyler Boyd said Dunlap should know better than to take his grievances public like he has been: “He’s a vet. He knows what he should and should not do at the end of the day. Regardless of what situation he’s in, we’re a team.”
- Bengals LT Jonah Williams might miss this week’s game with a neck injury that caused him to leave Sunday’s loss to the Browns. But the team is optimistic he could return after the bye week. (Ian Rapoport)
- Bengals C Trey Hopkins is in the concussion protocol, while RT Bobby Hart will miss Week 8 with a knee injury. Meanwhile, RB Joe Mixon has improved to day-to-day with his foot injury. (Ben Baby)
- Offensive line reinforcements could be on the way as the Bengals are set to host G Quinton Spain for a visit. But HC Zac Taylor didn’t know if Spain would help this week: “We’ll see where the week goes with Quinton.” (Baby)
- While Dunlap has not taken his reduced role well, Bengals DC Lou Anarumo says communication with DT Geno Atkins over his snap count has been good: “He is on the same page with us in terms of his playing time.” (Baby)
- According to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Browns WR Odell Beckham has $12.971 million of his 2021 salary guaranteed for injury and it converts to fully guaranteed on the third day of the league year.
- Browns HC Kevin Stefanski says replacing Beckham will be a committee effort: “You never replace a player of Odell’s caliber with one guy. .. It’s going to take multiple players.” (Kimberley Martin)
- Stefanski notes Browns RB Nick Chubb won’t return this week but he could potentially make it back after the team’s bye for Week 10: “I know he’s on schedule and I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s ahead of schedule.” (Andrew Siciliano)
- The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec writes the level of investment the Ravens made in trading for DE Yannick Ngakoue suggests they plan to try and extend him this offseason.
- It also isn’t a good sign for Baltimore’s ability to re-sign OLB Matt Judon, though Zrebiec notes it looked like the Ravens were letting him play out this season and potentially test free agency anyway.
- Zrebiec adds Ravens OLB Tyus Bowser is also possibly playing himself out of Baltimore and into a higher offer in free agency.
- Zrebiec notes the Ravens have kept in contact with CB Brandon Carr and he’s available if they need more help in the secondary.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said that while RB Mark Ingram‘s ankle injury isn’t serious, it could be enough to keep him out of this week’s game against the Steelers: “We’ll see. It’s just a matter of how he feels as the week goes on.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh didn’t want to discuss WR Dez Bryant until after the Ravens finished their workout with him: “If we sign him, we’ll make that announcement when it happens and we’ll go from there.” (Hensley)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!