- Pro Football Talk reports Bengals RB Joe Mixon went to the hospital for X-rays after reporting chest pain. The X-rays were negative and Mixon was later cleared to play.
According to ESPN’s Jamison Hensley, Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey‘s five-year, $98.75 million contract extension includes a $20 million signing bonus and breaks out as follows:
- 2020: $2.08 million base salary.
- 2021: $3.24 million base, $15 million roster bonus due fifth day of league year.
- 2022: $10 million base
- 2023: $10.5 million base
- 2024: $11.75 million base.
- 2025: $14 million base.
- 2026: $15.25 million base.
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly says that while Steelers DT Tyson Alualu has been great, he’ll be 34 next year and Pittsburgh likely won’t have much competition to keep him.
- Kaboly notes the Steelers see fourth-round RB Anthony McFarland as a limited pass protector right now and that will affect how much he’s integrated into the offense the rest of the season.
- While Kaboly doesn’t think the Steelers would be a good fit for Jets QB Sam Darnold if he’s traded or released next year, as he thinks QB Ben Roethlisberger has a few more years left, he notes someone in the future in a similar position to Darnold might be Pittsburgh’s best bet to replace Roethlisberger without a top draft pick.
- While the NFL undervalues slot corners when it comes to contracts, Kaboly thinks Pittsburgh will still have a hard time signing CB Mike Hilton to an extension even at $5 million a year.
- Steelers WR Diontae Johnson cleared the concussion protocol and will return to practice in full this week. (Ray Fittipaldo)