- Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic thinks that following the release of G Quinton Spain, the Bills offensive line has struggled with Brian Winters and the now-injured Cody Ford playing at the guard positions.
- According to Buscaglia, G Jon Feliciano could be the answer despite still being on injured reserve, and notes that the Bills still have a chance to activate him and play him at either guard spot.
- Buscaglia also says that it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Bills trade DT Harrison Phillips prior to the deadline, as his play has not been consistent so far in 2020.
- As for the running back position, Buscaglia is of the opinion that RB Devin Singletary should continue to receive most of the carries, as he has clearly outperformed rookie RB Zack Moss.
Dolphins’ rookie WR Lynn Bowden Jr. spoke about his crazy first-year experience including being traded to Miami by the Raiders after they drafted him.
“Sometimes I wish I went back to college for my senior year but everything happens for a reason,” Bowden said, via Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald. “And no, nothing is wrong. Just a thought at hand so relax please.”
Dolphins’ DE Emmanuel Ogbah is tied for fourth in sacks with a total of five, but those sacks have combined for a total of 54 yards lost which leads the league and DC Josh Boyer is taking notice.
“He can do a lot of things,” Boyer said. “With a lot of things that we ask him to do, we can be multiple with that. He’s been able to do that and he’s shown constant improvement week after week. I know a lot of people, they look at… ‘flash stats,’ but there’s a lot of things that he does for us defensively that opens up things for other people, and he does a good job of setting the edge and we can move him around. He’s a joy to be around.”
Ogbah pinpointed two things that are responsible for his success: good coaching and time spent studying game film.
“It’s just good film study, good coaching. Just let me go out there and do my thing and they trust me, I trust them,” Ogbah said. “They put me in the right position to make plays.”
- When examining the remaining trade candidates on the Jets’ roster, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe mentions DE Henry Anderson and S Marcus Maye as players who could be moved.
- Jets have downgraded WR Jamison Crowder to doubtful for Week 7 due to groin injury. (Adam Schefter)
- New York also listed K Sam Ficken and OL Alex Lewis as doubtful.