- Per ESPN’s Marcel Louis-Jacques, Bills CB Levi Wallace and LB Matt Milano did not practice Wednesday, while G Jon Feliciano practiced in a limited capacity.
- Bills G Cody Ford and CB Tre’Davious White also did not practice. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Bills promote promoted CB Cam Lewis to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Bills placed CB Levi Wallace on injured reserve
- Bills designated G Jon Feliciano to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Per the Athletic’s Josh Tolentino, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said they believe QB Ryan Fitzpatrick still gives them the best chance to win ahead of first-round rookie QB Tua Tagovailoa despite some “rough moments” for Fitzpatrick the first four games: “As far as being a starter, we don’t feel like he’s ready there just yet.”
- After citing Tagovailoa’s hip injury from last year earlier in the week, Flores said “we’re confident” Tagovailoa can play from a health perspective. (Armando Salguero)
- Flores didn’t sound interested in interrupting the game flow to get reps for Tagovailoa for a series or two. (Cameron Wolfe)
Giants S Logan Ryan said he never received an offer from the Jets when asked if the franchise pursued him as a free agent.
“There was never an offer [from the Jets] on my table, that’s all I can say about that. There might have been talks, but I promise you, when I was a free agent … I probably talked to 30 teams in the NFL. I can’t put any truth behind those rumors,” said Ryan, via Art Stapleton.
- Per SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano, Jets HC Adam Gase says QB Sam Darnold just isn’t ready to practice after spraining his AC joint in his shoulder: “He’s in a lot of pain. That’s what it is. He can only raise his arm a certain degree. To go out and practice, it would be very difficult for him right now.”
- The Jets aren’t ready to bring back second-round WR Denzel Mims off IR yet, as Gase says when he opens things up he still “feels something” in his hamstring. (Connor Hughes)
- Jets first-round LT Mekhi Becton (shoulder), OLB Jordan Jenkins (calf, shoulder) and CB Blessuan Austin (calf) all missed practice Wednesday as well. (Vacchiano)
- Gase said Becton is focused on getting his shoulder back to playing level: “Right now we’re just trying to get him to get his strength back.” (Manish Mehta)
- Jets WR Breshad Perriman is still having issues cutting and changing direction due to his ankle injury. (Mehta)
- Darnold acknowledged it will be hard to miss a game due to injury for the third straight year: “I’m definitely glass half full on this thing. Joe’s a great player, got a lot of experience. I’m sure I’m going to learn a ton watching him play. But I definitely want to be out there with the guys first and foremost.” (Mehta)
- Jets QB Joe Flacco said there’s definitely truth to the idea he wants to use this starting opportunity to jumpstart his career: “I wanna play quarterback in this league.” (Hughes)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer lists Giants WR Golden Tate, Texans WRs Will Fuller and Kenny Stills and even Bengals WR A.J. Green as some potential trade targets at wide receiver.
- NBC Sports’ Phil Perry clarifies there’s no longer a mandatory five-day waiting period for asymptomatic players on the COVID-19 list and players can come back as soon as they string together two negative tests on back-to-back days.
- Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore announced on Twitter that he is asymptomatic so far after going on the COVID-19 list Wednesday. (Twitter)
- The NFL and NFLPA will also conduct a joint review into whether the Patriots followed the applicable COVID-19 protocols. (Tom Pelissero)